Wednesday 26 October 2011

Knowing Your Facial Features


Knowing your features will help you understand on the best approaches to applying make-up. The more you understand shapes, tones and skin types the more it will work in your favor.
For example I have studied my features over the past six to seven years that I have been wearing make-up and still sometimes find it a little challenging with weather changes and how it effects my skin.

My skin can be a bit of a pain sometimes; this is because I have a combination of normal to oily skin. Sometimes it’s a little dry due to change in weather, but I do tend to get oily skin on my nose so I tend to cleans my skin and not apply any moisturizer to that area. Instead I apply L’Oreal Paris Studio Secrets primer then foundation and a powder. Setting spray can also help lock in the oils.

A healthy diet and regular exercise can help the skin calm down

I have an oval face shape, which is lucky for me as I can practically carry off any kind of make-up style because of its balanced proportions.

Many eye shadows tend to work really well with my eyes, as they are a dark brown/green anything can go I generally tend to blend light to dark hues. Blue eyes would be harder to mix colours.  
 My eyes are round, which is ideal for space and creativity. Although I like to apply eyeliner to the out corners of my eyes to make them look more almond shaped.

I love my lips! I am so glad I have full lips; this is because anything can work, it is best to use a liner and a lipstick together, both matts and glosses look good. At the moment I really like to use matts purely because they stay on longer and don’t bleed.

My cheeks are slightly puffed out especially when I smile so it’s always good to have a bit of colour to give them a bit of a healthy glow. I tend to use both bronzers and blushers together for a warmer effect.
I am practically loving blushers at the moment as its getting to winter and I loose the pigment in my cheeks.

Contouring is possibly very easy although a lot of people get it wrong by not knowing where exactly to create the shadows. I really enjoy contouring as it gives a great look to your features making your face look a little slimmer this is really good to use with dramatic eyes, as it won’t distract the appearance of the eyes as much as a blusher or bronzer would.  

No comments:

Post a Comment