Wednesday 26 October 2011

PROJECT BARBIE!!!




I was experimenting with my eye shadows last night whilst my dearest was playing PS3 and I was bored. I ended up using the pinks in my Urban Decay 15th Anniversary palette and a ton of blusher!!! I had so much fun doing this and ended up making myself look like a Barbie doll! 

This is where I got excited and decided to do a project on Barbie makeup. Yes, as a child I had a few Barbie dolls, Blossom Beauty Barbie was my favourite! It took me back as a child when I experimented with my Mother's makeup and made a complete mess of it (as you do when you're little). Yet it has played a major part in my life whilst growing up. 

 I want to say a big thank you to Karen* my mother's friend who introduced me to better makeup and my first eye shadow, a bright silver NARS, that I wore ALL the time in year eight along with black eye liner and mascara (cringe)! 

I just think to all girls who loved their Barbie dolls ended up growing up to love makeup and the slender body. I won't go into it now but it plays a major part in "women of today."

No comments:

Post a Comment