Thursday 1 September 2011

Cheap and Cheerful :)

Who says the brand names are always the best? Here's some of my favourites by Rimmel London this month! 


Rimmel Londons's 25Hour Lasting Finish Foundation in Classic Beige 201
(I will get this in my natural shade, Soft Beige) 

I brought this a shade darker than my skin tone for the summer as I tan quite easily. It is heavy coverage but doesn't look cakey with just the one layer, I wanted it to last as I don't like to re-apply my foundation throughout the day and using a primer really helps as it spreads on a lot easier, it's hydrating and lightweight feel, it smells nice too and doesn't cost a lot. 
I compared it to an expensive foundation that has heavy coverage which is my MAC Studio Sculpt NW20 which I thought wasn't as good as I throughout the day I get a slightly oily nose and it looked awful! It also felt too sticky and it smelt like paint. Would you believe it?! So that just PROVES that a good foundation doesn't have to cost you that much! Hurray for Rimmel London's 25 Hour!  

Also I really like Rimmel's Stay Matt compressed powder, its REALLY cheap, like £3! And it does the job. I use it on my nose, cheeks and forehead to control the shine. And for the price its really good just to set the foundation. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie, Rimmel have gone up in my estimation lately too, and I'm going to try that powder next time!! My favourite Rimmel product right now is Sexy Curves mascara, it goes on lovely and lasts all day. I'm also planning to try some of their foundations too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was chatting to my friend who did a makeup course before she did photography with me and she was saying how much she liked the 25 Hour foundation too! It really is a good investment. I am going to buy a lighter shade as the natural tans faded as its coming to winter now. (Yay Christmas!)
    But I do advise using a primer before hand, I have been using Studio Secrets smoothing resurfacing primer by L'oreal Paris but it comes in a small pot but it lasted me about 3 months as you don't need to use much. I'm almost put but I'm going to try a new primer as soon as I get my money through. :)

    ReplyDelete