Thursday 22 September 2011

September Buys


Again I brought Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation, I got it one shade lighter at 200 Soft Beige which is good for fair-ish skin but not quite so fair. This is also great for combination skin (which I have) because its a water based foundation that hydrates as well as staying put on your skin. Like I said before I absolutely LOVE it, although some people might be put off because it doesn't have an SPF in it. But for me that's perfect as I will be using these foundations for photo shoots and any other foundation WITH an SPF can reflect the cameras flash and give you a pale look which we don't want. 
Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation: £6.99 Boots

I ran out of my primer so I thought I would try something different, a Colour Calming Primer by No7 which I thought would be good for me as it revitalises tired looking skin which I have unfortunately. It looks alright when I have my makeup over it but I wouldn't say it was brilliant as when you rub it into your face it can leave traces of patchy purple marks behind that doesn't work so well. But I have only used it today so we shall see...
No7 Colour Calming Primer (Corrects Shallow Complexions): £11 Boots 

I also ran out of a Clinique bronzer and I didn't know the name of it as it had rubbed off so I thought I'd try a bronzer that everyone raves about which is Bourjois Paris Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder in number 52. I chose this one because in the shop it didn't look too dark or too light but it is one shade too dark, however it when lightly applied it doesn't look too bad. I just don't like the smell, it smells like polish which isn't great. 
Bourjois Paris Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder: £6.99 Boots 

Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer for Concealers and Eyeshadows, is a pretty good primer, it holds everything on without creasing, however not suitable for people with really dry skin under the eyes as it can be painful and looks crusty. I can sometimes get dryness under the eyes if I skip moisturising. 
Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer for Concealers and Eyeshadow: £19.50 

I picked up a sample of Mat Lumiere by Chanel as I wanted to try before I buy, the colour suits me perfectly and I love matts at the moment it really helps my oily skin and seems to work nicely even with the slightly dry areas. This product is pretty pricey but I might just have to purchase it for myself as I won't be able to afford it in all different shades for my freelance work. Although I reckon it may be quite useful for photography by controlling the shine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment